27 Feb PHARMACONEX TRAINING DAY – MEET YOUR TRAINERS
PHARMACISTS / TECHNICIANS – Join us for a day of training in our Dublin office. Enhance your skills & excel in patient care with insightful topics, delivered by expert trainers.
9.30 to 10am Registration & Refreshments
10 – 1pm Wound Management, with Fleming Medical
2 – 3pm Emergency Contraception (EllaOne), with Uniphar
3 – 4pm Omega Oils in the role of inflammation and hormone balancing for perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms with, Naturalife Health
4 – 5pm Our communication series continues with ‘Managing Conflict in the Pharmacy’, with The Wise Institute
MORE ABOUT OUR TRAINERS, COMPANIES AND COURSE CONTENT
FLEMING MEDICAL – Wound Management
DELIVERED BY – MARY MARTIN
Mary has over 25 years’ experience in wound dressings and their appropriate selection to meet the needs of wounds. She presented numerous educational sessions globally, with a particular focus on presenting the science of wound healing in a practical way, linking it to what is seen in a wound. Mary was a contributing author to the published textbook ‘Wound Healing and Skin Integrity’: Principles and Practice. 2013 Wiley-Blackwell.
This educational session is particularly prepared for Pharmacists and will focus on the types of wounds that are most likely presented in a pharmacy setting – content is both practical and relevant.
- Physiology of wound healing – the easy guide
- Why some wounds become chronic and are slow to heal – factors which affect wound healing
- Wound types which may be seen in pharmacies or where advice may be required by nursing home staff
- Trauma wounds – e.g. minor burns, abrasions, lacerations, skin tears, animal bites
- Leg ulcers – with a focus on how compression bandaging works
- Diabetic ulcers – with a focus on the role pharmacists may play in early identification
- Pressure ulcers overview – if the participants supply nursing homes
- Wound dressings
- Main categories and main brands within those categories
- Matching the needs of the wound to the choice of the dressing
Find out more about Fleming Medical
UNIPHAR – ellaOne Emergency Contraception
DELIVERED BY – LESLEY-ANN
EllaOne emergency contraceptive took the Award for Best OTC Pharmacy Training. Consultation support resources were also provided to facilitate confident and effective conversations with customers, including a consultation guide to assist both women and pharmacists with the different elements of the consultation.
NATURALIFE HEALTH – Omega Oils in the role of inflammation and hormone balancing for perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms
DELIVERED BY – SARAH BRERETON
Sarah is a Nutritional Therapist and Head Trainer with Naturalife Health. Sarah has a degree from UCC in Nutritional Sciences, BSc Nutrition and studied at the Irish Health Institute of Nutrition and Health in Bray (IINH). Sarah has been working with Naturalife Health for 6yrs and before this worked across 3 different health food stores.
Find out more about Naturalife Health
THE WISE INSTITUTE – EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS P2 – Dealing with Conflict in the Pharmacy Setting
DELIVERED BY: PETER MEEHAN
The Wise Institute is an education guidance and corporate development institute that is committed to excellence in knowledge creation, in knowledge transfer, and in knowledge application.
Peter has 15 years’ business management experience. Of the 15 years, seven were in retail management. He also has extensive experience leading and managing operations and staff including HRM related functions. Peter has 9 years lecturing experience and has been guest lecturer and examiner for a number of institutions including;
- Guest lecturer and examiner on the graduate Leadership and Strategy Implementation programme for the Lesotho Institute of Public Management (LIPAM)
- Guest lecturer and examiner on the graduate Leadership and Strategy Implementation programme for the President’s Seychelles Young Leadership Programme (SYLP)
- Associate Lecturer and examiner with the Institute of Public Administration both graduate and undergraduate
- Associate Lecturer and examiner with Dublin Business School Lidl programme undergraduate and ICM (Diploma in Human Resource Management)
- Formerly Associate Lecturer with Athlone Institute of Technology Life Long Learning Department undergraduate (Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management)
- Cellular One Service Legend Winner 1997
Find out more about The Wise Institute